As we head more into the colder weather that Autumn brings, we want to make sure we keep our tan looking gorgeous and glowing. Follow these tips to help keep your tan rocking all year round!
- Always use a tanning lotion. We can’t stress this enough! Without a tanning lotion, you lose the first 5-7 minutes of your tanning time, as it is much more difficult for dry skin to absorb the tanning rays. All tanning lotions can also help increase the life of your tan, as it will deepen the color, moisturize your skin, and protect against premature aging.
- When working to build your tan, never increase your time by too much. A good increase in time is about 1-3 minutes depending on your skin type. If you increase the time by too much, this can cause burning and discomfort. Keep an eye on how your skin reacts to increased time and new lotions.
- When working on a tan, make sure you give your skin a break – do not tan every day. As with everything else, make sure you are tanning in moderation. To build a base tan – try to tan 2 days on and 1 day off. This will help give your skin a break and help from plateauing.
- Keep your skin hydrated! Tan extenders are Ah-ma-zing! They can help keep your skin soft, glowing, and moisturized all year round. Remember to moisturize after tanning and showering, as this is when your skin needs the extra boost of moisture.
- We also have the option of sunless tanning sessions to help give your skin that extra color you desire – such as for holidays, events, and to spruce it up!
Keep these tips in mind to have glowing skin all year round. If you ever need help in finding out what will help your skin glow and what you need to keep it looking perfect.